Followers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Commission from Arts Alliance Drawing


This commissioned painting is probably one of the more enjoyable "for profit" pieces I've worked on. One reason is because I was able to work from my own photograph. Being able to form my own composition from the beginning is always an ideal situation. I took more than 30 photographs of this child. After his mother, grandmother, a friend of their family, and I reviewed the digital photos, we all came to an agreement on which image was the best representation of him, and which might translate best into an oil painting. I wanted to use the projector for this piece, but the only projector that I had access to was too dim to be useful. I decided to loosley freehand the contour of the image with a piece of white chalk. The rest is history...Let's end all of these descriptions with that statement... "The rest is history." Yeah, that'll work. Or with that one: "Yeah that'll work." Ok. Let me stop. Seriously...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Daniel! I see that you're a painter with many years of experience. How did you stumble upon my blog?

    ReplyDelete